Shoe Laces

Laces.

As laces are used to hold things together they can be seen as a metaphor for keeping oneself together when the world around them seems to be falling apart. The speaker in the piece has a collection of laces so I researched into what colours represented so to use appropriate colours for our story. I found also there was a colour to symbolise a recovering alcoholic. I passed this onto the writers.

Using these would be useful as this allows two research results to be combined together to create these scenes as symbolism is something brought up in Edward Gordon Craig’s works so to use these colours would enable us to represent these messages.

laces

I am soon to collect verbatim material from to possibly use within the piece or inspire its final routes as the last draft of the script takes shape and am continuing to look into images to use for the opening piece in the song titled I want.

I am looking forward to soon learning about production skills as my research into the piece will soon take this role when the writing is complete to enable the piece to use other tools to effectively create Shoes To Fill.

Rachael