Blog 3

From the beginning we all decided that it would be a good idea to include original music within our piece. I wrote a song called “I Want” *, intended to be sung from the opinion of children, showing their innocence through their hopes and dreams for what they want their lives to be like in the future: the perfect job, husband/wife, car. However, the song ends on a deeper note as the children start to wonder what would happen if they can’t live up to their parents. Can they even fill their shoes?

Attached is a copy of the musical arrangement that I have created on Sibelius technology.

I Want Page 1 I Want Page 2 I Want Page 3 I Want Page 4 I Want Page 5 I Want Page 6

I went on to write another song called the “Media Song” **, which was intended to be a parody of how television shows and celebrities in the media give their viewers unrealistic expectations of adulthood, such as love at first sight etc. Attached below are the original lyrics.

MEDIA SONG

final media song

The last song I wrote for Shoes to Fill is a reprise of “I Want”. It was written to answer our copy and also part of its predecessor.

I want reprise ***

Hannah.

* The song was performed in the final production to one simple line of melody as we found this easier since we are not known to be a musical group.

** This song went through a drastic change to fit in with our later final structure of the five chapters of life. It slotted into the finding “the one” section as it now speaks more about how we have unrealistic expectations of love due to films, book and television.

*** Both this song and the final version of the media song were sang a cappella as we found on show day that it was difficult to keep in time with the melody line.